ACM-SIGCHI Call For Participation
This October, we are running a summer school for undergraduate and graduate research students on the topic of Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) in the cultural heritage context. The IUI summer school will take place in Haifa, Israel.
Leading international researchers will introduce novel human-computer interaction and interfaces suitable for the IoT era.
Visits to indoors and outdoors sites will inspire the participants to design novel interfaces. We expect participants to work in groups where they will pitch novel ideas for research projects around how novel technologies and interfaces can be integrated and deployed in a realistic setting for the benefit of users.
Cultural Heritage was selected as a domain of application given Israel’s rich cultural heritage environment.
The summer school has a triple aim:
- To map out current state of the art IUI technologies to the cultural heritage domain, identify design challenges, and develop solutions.
- To examine the potential of IUI technologies for enhancing the cultural heritage visit experience.
- To define initial ideas that may lead in the future to research proposals.
The envisioned benefits for participants are:
- A collaboratively written research roadmap for IUI applied to cultural heritage
- A research proposal
- Meeting and networking with renowned international experts
- Working in an interdisciplinary and culturally diverse team
Join us at Haifa University, the youngest in Israel, located at the heart of a nature reserve, on top of the Carmel mountain with breathtaking views (lively nightlife and a beach nearby).
For details and application procedure, please follow: http://iui2018.haifa.ac.il
- Date: October 2-5, 2018
- Place: Haifa, Israel
- Application deadline:
June 15, 2018 June 30, 2018
- Notification: July 1, 2018
- Jessica Cauchard (Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, Israel)
- Tsvi Kuflik (University of Haifa, Israel)
- Anna Zamansky (University of Haifa, Israel)