The 3-rd International Workshop
Geometric Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications
May 9-12 (Wednesday – Saturday) 2018
University of Haifa, Israel, Haifa
The organizers of the Third International Workshop "Geometric Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications"
warmly welcome all the mathematicians interested in that field to participate in our meeting.
The Workshop is hosted by the University of Haifa, Israel, and takes place in the period May 9 – 12, 2018.
REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (Sections A and C):
- Balan Vladimir (University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania)
- Bejan Cornelia-Livia (Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi, Romania)
- Golubyatnikov Vladimir (University of Novosibirsk, Russia)
- Langevin Remi (Institut de Mathematiques de Bourgogne, France)
- Mikes Josef (Palacky University, Czech Republic)
- Munteanu Marian Ioan (University Alexandru Ioan Cuza of Iasi, Romania)
- Nikonorov Yuri (Southern Mathematical Institute, Russia)
- Nikonorova Yuliia (Volgodonsk Institute of Engineering and Technology, Russia)
- Rakic Zoran (University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Tenenblat Keti (University of Brasilia, Brazil)
- Tralle Aleksy (University of Warmia and Mazury, Poland)
- Tran Quoc Binh (University of Debrecen, Hungary)
- Walczak Pawel (University of Lodz, Poland)
- Udriste Constantin (Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania)
- Ville Marina (University of Tours, France)
- Soret Marc (University of Tours, France)
- Walczak Zofia (University of Lodz, Poland)
- Naveira Antonio Martínez (Universidad de Valencia, Spain)
- Horak Peter (University of Washington, Tacoma campus)
- Vaisman Izu (University of Haifa, Israel)
- Velimirović Ljubica S. (University of Nis, Serbia)
- Zawadzki Tomasz (University of Lodz, Poland)
- Djoric Mirjana (University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Yomdin Yosef (The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
- Kelis Oleg (University of Haifa, Israel)
- Nozawa Hiraku (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Velimirović Ana (University of Nis, Serbia)
- Gaissinski Igor (Technion, Haifa, Israel)
- Singh Ranveer (Technion, Haifa, Israel)
- Moreira Manuel (Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
- Rovenski Vladimir (University of Haifa, Israel)
December 2017: First Announcement
March 23, 2018: Registration for the conference
April, 2018: Program of the conference
The workshop Participation fee: free. Lunches are provided by the organizers.
Organizing Committee: Vladimir Rovenski (chair), Irina Albinsky (secretary)
Scientific Committee: Vladimir Rovenski (University of Haifa), Pawel Walczak (University of Lodz), Vladimir Golubyatnikov (University of Novosibirsk), Remi Langevin (Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon)
You are asked to register by sending e-mail to Vladimir Rovenski firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title and Abstracts (1-2 pages) of proposed lecture or/and poster.
This workshop is supported by The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation Institute for Interdisciplinary Applications of Computer Science (CRI) and the Mathematical Department at the University of Haifa.
Wellcome Reception: May 9 from 9:00 at Dept. of Math.
Excursions for participants and accompanying persons: click HERE!
Conference Dinner:11 May at 17.30.
The 65th anniversary of Vladimir Rovenski will be celebrated in this occasion.
Addresses: e-mail: email@example.com Phone: +972- 544793832 Fax: +972-48240024 Mailing address: Prof. Rovenski Vladimir, Department of Mathematics, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
Conference Topics: Geometric Structures (differential and computational geometries, geometry – topology – dynamics of foliations, etc.)
and Interdisciplinary Applications (e.g. in Mathematical Physics, Chemistry and Biology), as well as other subjects related to the main themes are welcome.
Sections: A. Geometrical Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications. B. Topological Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications. C. Poster Session.
Presentations: Official language is English. Participants may use blackboard, overhead-projector, PC.
Meeting venue: All lectures will take place at the University of Haifa (the rooms are given in the Schedule). There is a free WIFI network available in the University of Haifa buildings.
The 1-st International Workshop in this series, named "Reconstruction of Geometrical Objects Using Symbolic Computations", was on September 2008, University of Haifa.
The 2-nd International Workshop in this series, named "Geometry and Symbolic Computations" was on May 2013, University of Haifa,
The homepage of Third International Workshop see inside of http://www.cri.haifa.ac.il/index.php/crievents
Travel to Haifa: The travel from Tel-Aviv airport Ben Gurion consists of the 2 following segments:
1) the Ben Gurion airport – Haifa-Hof HaKarmel railway station: by train available in the airport; tickets available at the machines and cashier (the cost 35.50 NIS).
2) Haifa-Hof HaKarmel railway station – University of Haifa: by local bus; tickets available in the bus number 24 – the cost 5.90 NIS.
3) The schedule is at the Israel railways page: https://www.rail.co.il/en/ The standard price for a taxi should be about 40 NIS.
Sightseeing and accompanying persons program: The organizers plan a one day guided tour on Saturday, May 12.
Accommodation: Rooms in the Dormitories of University campus can be available for early registered participants.
The recommended hotels in Haifa for this workshop:
- Marom Haifa Hotel 51 Palmach st. http://marom.hotelasp.com/
- Bay View, 101 HaNassi Ave. http://h-i.co.il/en/hotels/bay-view-haifa/
- Hotel Beth Shalom, 110 HaNassi Ave. http://beth-shalom.co.il/
- Crowne Plaza, 111 Jafe Nof & Henrietta Szold Str. https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/reservation
- Villa Carmel 1 Heinrich Heina st. (Moriya 30 corner) http://www.villacarmel.co.il/en/
- Art Gallery Hotel, 61 Herzel Street, Haifa http://www.hotelgallery.co.il/?page_id=738
Notice: Participants may be interested to also attend "18th Haifa Workshop on Interdisciplinary Applications of Graphs, Combinatorics and Algorithms" to take place May 13-15, 2018, the week after The 3-rd International Workshop "Geometric Structures and Interdisciplinary Applications".