Geometry and Symbolic Computations
University of Haifa
Second International Workshop
Organizer: Vladimir Rovenski
Pre-workshop Informal Sessions and Tours May 14-15; Lectures May 16-17.
Second International Workshop "Geometry and Symbolic Computations" at Haifa, Israel (May 15 – May 17)
This Workshop is dedicated to modeling (using symbolic calculations) in Differential Geometry and its Applications (in computer sciences, tomography, mechanics, etc).
The aims of the workshop: To create a forum for workers in pure, applied and computational geometry, including students, to promote discussion of modern state of art in Geometric modeling using symbolic programs (Maple, Matlab, etc); presentation of new results.
The first International Workshop in this series, named "Reconstruction of Geometrical Objects Using Symbolic Computations", was on September 2008, University of Haifa, see page
A. Modeling and symbolic computations in geometry.
B. Applications of geometry (in computer science, tomography, mechanics, etc).
Details regarding how to arrive to the workshop venue from the airport and within Haifa are provided in the following link
Registration and Abstracts
You are asked to register by sending e-mail to Vladimir Rovenski
If you wish to present at the workshop, please submit the Title and Abstracts of proposed lecture or/and poster.
The workshop is fee free.
If you wish to present a paper for Proceedings of the workshop, please prelimibary submit the Title and approx number of pages by April 19, 2013, and the full text by 30 August 2013 , and follow LaTeX format.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.orgOrganizer:
Vladimir Rovenski (The University of Haifa, Israel)Scientific Committee:
Vladimir Rovenski (University of Haifa, Israel),
Vladimir Golubyatnikov (Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Russia),
Pawel Walczak (University of Lodz, Poland)
• "Sphericity of hypersurfaces with the bounded from below normal curvature"
A. Borisenko (Sumy University, Ukraine)
K. Drach (Kharkov University, Ukraine)
• Smoothable Alexandrov spaces after Petrunin and Lebedeva
Y. Burago (the St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Institute of Math., Russia)
• "Rotational liquid film interacted with ambient gaseous media"
I. Gaissinski (Technion, Israel)
Y. Levy (Technion, Israel)
V. Rovenski (University of Haifa, Israel)
V. Sherbaum (Technion, Israel)
• Sobolev inequalities for differential forms and their applications
V. Gol'dshtein (Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel)
• Geometry of phase portraits of some nonlinear dynamical systems
V. Golubyatnikov (Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Russia)
• Laminations which are not embeddable in codimension one
G. Hector (Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France)
• On the Ricci flow on some generalized Wallach spaces
Y. Nikonorov (South Math. Institute of Vladikavkaz Sci. Centre of the RAS, Russia)
N. Abiev (Taraz State University, Kazakhstan)
A. Arvanitoyeorgos (University of Patras, Greece)
P. Siasos (University of Patras, Greece)
• Bochner's technique on statistical manifolds
B. Opozda (The Institute of Math. of Jagiellonian University, Poland)
• Flows of metrics on foliations with visualizing for surfaces
V. Rovenski (University of Haifa, Israel)
L. Zelenko (University of Haifa, Israel)
• "Conformal invariants"
P. Walczak (University of Lodz, Poland)
• "Geometry of submanifolds with MAPLE"
A. Yampolsky (Kharkiv Karazin National University, Ukraine)
• Fourier Sampling of Piecewise-Smooth Functions, Turan-Nazarov Inequality, and Taylor domination
Y. Yomdin (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
• The solutions of some extremal problems using Maple
N.V. Rasskazova (Rubtsovsk Industrial Institute, Branch of Altai State Technical University, Russia)
Posters and talks of students (to be cont):
1. "Zermelo problem-based trajectory modeling in navigation", P. Kopacz (Gdynia Maritime University, Poland)
2. "Multi-weighted parabolic systems in Sobolev spaces", O. Kelis (Haifa University, Israel)
3. "Algebraic reconstruction of geometric models from integral measurements", D. Batenkov (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
4. Minimal and totally geodesic unit sections of unit sphere bundles, A. Yampolsky (Kharkiv Karazin National University, Ukraine)
5. "Euclidean hypersurfaces with a totally geodesic foliation of codimension one", M. Dajczer (IMPA, Brazil), V. Rovenski (Haifa University, Israel) R. Tojeiro (Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Brazil)
*For interested guests we plan the possibility of one day excursion (by appropriate tourist company).This workshop is supported by:
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation Institute for Interdisciplinary Applications of Computer Science at the University of Haifa (CRI),
The Center for Computational Mathematics and Scientific Computation (CCMSC),
The Faculty of Natural Sciences and The Department of Mathematics at the University of Haifa.